- 3/4” thick AR400 Steel used for finger set, rated at 100,000 pounds per square inch
- Fits most machines 2-3 tons in operating weight
- A-36 steel One size fits all base plate
- 1 year warranty on entire unit (see warranty page for details)
- Grade 8 zinc plated pin retaining bolt and zinc plated cotter pins
- 3 positions of rotation. 25, 90 & 135 degrees
- 1” Independent Main Pin made from 303 stainless steel
- 1” x 3” solid steel bar reinforced by two ½” plates are being used for Mechanical Position Stick
- Power USA’s thumb is a tabbed design with most parts interlocking. This allows us to weld both sides, doubling the weld that maintains toughness. This will additionally reduce weld stress by allowing the material to take the brunt of the stress resulting in less failures and downtime
- Want more in depth details about our materials and process we use? Then scroll on down to view detailed description
Universal Weld-On Mechanical Excavator/Backhoe Thumb AR400 steel (10″ x 33″ measurement) (6-7 Ton machine)
A Universal Weld-On Mechanical Thumb by Power USA Fabricate is the perfect attachment needed to upgrade your Excavator or Backhoe for additional grappling, versatility & material handling.
Power USA Fabricates’ Thumb is easy to install and even easier to use. All our units come with installation instructions and are designed to avoid installation error.
Power USA mechanical thumbs have a seamless ease of use by having quick exchange pins to allow for easy repositioning of the thumbs angle.
This thumb is perfect for holding and moving all material because the fingers have been designed with two ways to grapple. If you are moving large rocks, concrete, or debris then the teething that stretches 85% of the thumb’s length will be perfect for establishing multiple points of contact for superior grip. However, if you are moving trees, concrete pipes, metal pipes, or any type of circular object then our radial edge that spans the last 15% of the finger set will be perfectly shaped for picking up and holding these objects.
303 Stainless Steel
Alloy 303 is a non-magnetic, austenitic (class of metal) stainless steel that is not hardenable by heat treatment. It is the free machining modification of the basic 18% chromium / 8% nickel stainless steel. Alloy 303 was specially designed to exhibit improved machinability while maintaining good mechanical and corrosion resistant properties due to the presence of sulfur in the steel composition, Alloy 303 is the most readily machineable austenitic stainless steel; however, the sulfur addition does lower Alloy 303’s corrosion resistance to below that of Alloy 304. Like other austenitic grades, Alloy 303 demonstrates excellent toughness, although the sulfur does reduce this a little as well.
Abrasion Resistant Steel (AR400/AR500)
Abrasion Resisting Steel was designed to satisfy the demand for a grade of steel that would give prolonged service life where abrasion is the primary cause of failure. The surface hardness of Abrasion Resisting Steel will vary by grade from 200-500 BRINELL.
32" – 34" Measurement