- 3/4” thick AR400 Steel used for finger set, rated at 100,000 pounds per square inch
- A-36 steel One size fits all base plate
- 1-year warranty on everything excluding hydraulic cylinder (see warranty page for details)
- 4-year warranty on hydraulic Cylinder
- Grade 8 zinc plated pin retaining bolt and zinc plated cotter pins
- All 3 Pins are greaseable and equipped with a Zerks Fitting for easy daily greasing
- Mechanical stops to prevent over/under extension cylinder
- Full range of rotation ranging from 25 – 180 degrees
- 1” Independent Main Pin made from 303 stainless steel
- Hydraulic Cylinder is rated for a maximum of 3500 PSI
- Cylinder rod thickness of 1.5” with a cylinder bore size of 3”
- Cylinder takes ½” NPT female fitting
- Power USA’s thumb is a tabbed design with most parts interlocking. This allows us to weld both sides, doubling the weld that maintains toughness. This will additionally reduce weld stress by allowing the material to take the brunt of the stress resulting in less failures and downtime
- Want more in depth details about our materials and process we use? Then scroll on down to view detailed description
Universal Weld-On Hydraulic Excavator/Backhoe Thumb AR400 Steel (14″ x 48″ measurement)
A Universal Weld-On Hydraulic Thumb by Power USA Fabricate is the perfect attachment needed to upgrade your Excavator or Backhoe for additional grappling, versatility & material handling.
Power USA Fabricates’ Thumb is easy to install and even easier to use. All our units come with installation instructions and are designed to avoid installation error.
Power USA Hydraulic thumbs have a seamless ease of use by being able to retract the thumb back to 25 degrees, positioning it out of the way, or extend the thumb out to 180 degrees giving you full range of motion.
This thumb is perfect for holding and moving all material because the fingers have been designed with two ways to grapple. If you are moving large rocks, concrete, or debris then the teething that stretches 85% of the thumb’s length will be perfect for establishing multiple points of contact for superior grip. However, if you are moving trees, concrete pipes, metal pipes, or any type of circular object then our radial edge that spans the last 15% of the finger set will be perfectly shaped for picking up and holding these objects.
Our Hydraulic weld-on thumb unit is a one of a kind patented design. We know and believe that we are different from our competitors because we are better.
303 Stainless Steel
Alloy 303 is a non-magnetic, austenitic (class of metal) stainless steel that is not hardenable by heat treatment. It is the free machining modification of the basic 18% chromium / 8% nickel stainless steel. Alloy 303 was specially designed to exhibit improved machinability while maintaining good mechanical and corrosion resistant properties due to the presence of sulfur in the steel composition, Alloy 303 is the most readily machineable austenitic stainless steel; however, the sulfur addition does lower Alloy 303’s corrosion resistance to below that of Alloy 304. Like other austenitic grades, Alloy 303 demonstrates excellent toughness, although the sulfur does reduce this a little as well.
Abrasion Resistant Steel (AR400/AR500)
Abrasion Resisting Steel was designed to satisfy the demand for a grade of steel that would give prolonged service life where abrasion is the primary cause of failure. The surface hardness of Abrasion Resisting Steel will vary by grade from 200-500 BRINELL.
45" – 49" Measurement